Estate planning and settlement is not only affected by a lot of factors like personal relationships but it is specifically very difficult because the person in charge is under constant pressure to do right by all the partners of the estate. The process gets even more difficult and exhausting when the person dies before making any will or a power of attorney and the whole responsibility lies on the lawyer. The role of a probate lawyer in this situation is to:
- A draft will of the person when living and help them with trust funds or power of attorneys.
- In case of their client’s sudden death or without any such prior arrangement of an official will the responsibility lies on the probate lawyer to look after the client’s estate settlement and planning.
- It doesn’t necessarily have to be this way, any estate whose descendent dies without making a will estate goes through probation regardless. The entire process is very tiresome so trying to do it on your own especially after losing a loved one can be even more stressful and exhausting.
- So, it is always better to find yourself a probate attorney. This will save you a lot of time and money than doing it on your own.
- The role of the probate litigation attorney in this situation is to ensure that the rightful heirs of the estate are given equal shares and the estate is divided without any intrusions.
- The process can be very expensive and the prices vary from state to state. It depends on the estate value and some percentage is charged accordingly.
- Different online agencies provide similar services at different and affordable prices. They have experts and registered attorneys who will give professional advice and also help in all the processes starting from drafting a will to settlement and also any sort of trust fund.
- Probate litigation attorneys also play a huge role in ensuring that the settlement and the planning go according to the decedent’s directive.
- It is also beneficial to have a probate lawyer because they can help you in understanding all the state laws related to estate planning, which can be another laborious process.
- Other roles of a probate lawyer are, collection of the proceeds of life insurance if any, evaluation of the entire estate in cases of settlements, and tax-related issues to the estate, paying any debts, and entitlement of the assets.
This makes it very clear that the probate attorney plays a very important role in estate settlement and planning. So, instead of taking the entire process and all the decisions into your hands hire an expert to do it for you. It will help you on the emotional and financial front. You can find the best probate lawyers in San Antonio by searching online. Different firms specialize in this area and you can also check their ratings on different websites. To find a probate attorney near you just give an online search and there will be numerous options to choose from along with their prices and services mentioned. So, if any such situation arises and you do not understand the roles of a probate lawyer keep in mind the above points and hire a probate litigation attorney according to your requirements.